what is the status of this project?

Mar 28, 2011 at 4:59 AM

Is this project dead? It would be a shame because it seems pretty interesting, and I think I have several uses for it, so I'd be happy to help out of it's still alive. Is there any documentation on how to develop for this project? Is the maintainer/owner still accepting code contributions? What types of things need to be worked on next?

Mar 28, 2011 at 7:36 AM
Edited Mar 28, 2011 at 7:37 AM

Hey dmiles,

I wrote CS2HX and am still actively using it for my current project.  However, I'm not actively working on CS2HX itself, only because it meets all of my needs at the moment.

There are certainly things that could be improved, such as:

- Adding support for more of the .net base class libraries.

- Adding support for C# 4.0 features that weren't available when I first wrote CS2HX, such as default parameters.

- Removing as many of the limitations as possible cited on the limitations page.

If the C# team ever releases their compiler-as-a-service project that they've been talking about, I'd love to re-write CS2HX to use that.  Based on the hints they've released about it, this would make it easy to remove a lot of the limitations that CS2HX has today.

I'm absolutely willing to accept code contributions or make you a contributor directly if you'd like to take a more active part.

Feel free to send me an email at randyficker@gmail.com and we can talk more.